Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lighting Up...

Well after a month or two...or more...of very little sun light, the sun is now up around 8:30 am and down around 9:00 pm...and that is only getting longer and longer. I believe we are gaining 7 mins of day light every day now. Energy is picking up, but this light means that the students' sleep schedules are getting worse...or will be. We have two weeks before state testing. After that, there is a "freedom" of sorts due to the pressure of the looming test being eased up...until next year at in-service where we hear how bad of teachers we all are.

We had spring break Thursday and Friday and I was able to get out and do some riding and snow shoeing. On my way back from one ride, I was rounding the bend in the river and almost hit a moose that got scared out of its hiding spot...Scary and awesome all in one. I have seen quite a few fox every time I go out and moose. Too far away to get a good shot with my camera in regards to the fox....so I just try to chase them down on my machine...the simple things in life. The Northern Lights have been AMAZING lately...if you're up at 2 a.m. But just about every night I can see them...It is something unparalleled back home. Nothing much else is new. Just trying to figure out what I am going to need next year and what I am going to take home this summer. I am even more antsy to get home with all the nice weather back in Wisconsin and Minnesota. It is not helping my concentration at all....

Looking back towards Noorvik...to the right of the mountain out there...



Trail Marker going to Ruth's Camp






The cow and her calf that are roaming around the village


















That mountain from the picture above, Hathom Peak

Hathom Peak, not zoomed in




No comments:

Post a Comment