Thursday, January 26, 2012

Nothing Much New...

Things have been quiet around here lately...This weekend will change all of that. We have N.E.I.T (Noorvik Elder's Invitational Tournament). I think there are about 9 teams (boys and girls) here. Lots of kids and lots of people machining in to watch. Speaking of machines, two Saturdays ago I few to Kotz to pick up my machine. I had to leave it there when I got back from break to do it being too cold to ride. I got in around 5 and it wouldn't start. We took off the battery, warmed it up, put a hair dryer under the hood and let it sit for a good while. She finally started. My plan was to follow Ruth's son, Quinn, back to their homestead (~20 mi) from Kotz on Saturday night, then follow Ruth and her dog team back to Noorvik....and that is the way it happened. It was fun spending the night out at Ruth's camp. It was "rustic" out there and reminded me quite a bit like being back in Africa...except much much colder. Not that this is important, but the water we drank was out of the river behind their house and it is probably the best water I have ever drank next to the water at my grandparent's cabin...Following her back was fun, to say the least, but long. We left around 1:00 p.m. and got in around 6:30 p.m. If I knew the way it would probably have been 1 1/2- 2 hours...but following a dog team that only goes 10-15 mph....it takes a bit. Even though it was long, I still enjoyed it. I was able to see moose many times along the way, rabbits all around, and the scenery was great.


Donated Caribou for the tournament this weekend


Ruth's Homestead

My Rig

Her Dog Lot...notice the creepy eye-shine from their houses...



More Dogs...

Lowel on the School's Piece O' Sh...Bravo...


My Rig and such



2 comments:

  1. I wanna follow a dog team! Glad you've updated your blog! :) Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come up for a visit and you could drive a team!!

    ReplyDelete