Friday, August 5, 2011

Day of Walking...

So I woke up this morning at about 5:30...then dozed until about 7:00...It was not a restful sleep. I got up, dressed, went outside to get my shoes and walked to Mc Donald's to get some breakfast. I was on my way to the DMV to get my new driver's license, but I did not know where it was. I asked this seemingly nice lady where to go, and she told me where I could go alright! But seriously, she was amazing. She was explaining to me where it was then said, "you know what, I'll take you there. I don't normally do this but you seem like a nice guy." So I hitched a ride. Which was a good thing. It was a good distance away. But after only a half hour in the DMV, I gave up my WI license and procured my AK one. At the DMV I meet up with Ty and Brittany and we went to REI (which was not opened yet) so we went to get some coffee. After that, we walked down to FredMeyer (akin to walmart but WAY better) to do some eye shopping for what I may need to order. Then we did some more walking, and more walking...then some more walking...it was fun though...The mountains are just beautiful...and you see them any time you look to the East. We went to lunch at a place called Moose's Tooth, which is a microbrewery and a pizza joint (there is a pizza place on every damned corner here). But this place was amazing! Nothing too exciting today. Met some of the teachers in Ty and Brittany's fellow district teachers and hung out with them a bit. They are a varied and odd lot, but lots of fun! When I finally got back to the hostel, I decided to write this and started talking with a girl who is moving up here from Oregon...but just decided to do this in a month and has no plans...she's pretty cool. So I sit here drinking coconut water (she let me try some and surprisingly refreshing...) and chatting about the future...
Why put this up? Because I miss 'em







It was ungodly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment