Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Landing in the Land of the Perfect Temp!

The flight from Milwaukee to Anchorage was not too bad. I never do well to sleep on things like buses or planes to it was a long boring ride and uneventful. Met a few nice people along the way as well. Once I landed in Anchorage, I had to call Kevin to get the address for the Spenard Hostel because I forgot to bring it. I then got a taxi to the hostel. blah blah blah not too exciting I know. HOWEVER, I was talking with the cab driver and he said that he has a lady in the car the other day who was a principle of a school with only 9 students!!! And that was not a typo...How easy eh? Anywho, I arrived at the hostel and so far I love it. As I walked up the porch, I noticed a sign that said something to the effect that "No shoes to be worn inside." HELLO athlete's foot. I have a dim view of some "hills" from the back of the hostel, but the fog/clouds make it difficult to get a clear view. I am sleeping in a room with 6 other gentlemen (I didn't get the co-ed room...) I am damned tired but this place is hopping because it's only 10:00 p.m. here...and 1:00 a.m. back home...

...These were taken around 9:30 p.m. ...


The front
 



No comments:

Post a Comment