Saturday, August 27, 2011

First week down...Too many more to go...

Well, like the title says, my first week is done. I somehow survived it. Last week was the in-service in Kotzebue and that was a set-up by the district for the first week of school to suck! Instead of having 6 days to work in the classroom to get lessons plans written for a good ways into the future, we got 2....which is not the best when you have 7 separate classes to write plans for. But such is life....just makes for a clumsy week. That being said, my first week was interesting, to say the least. The kids are fun to have around. They love to joke all the time. However, some of them like to not stay seated (7th and 8th graders) and find things around the room to play with....which means finding stuff to break. But all in all it is not so bad. I am currently down at the school getting ready for next week. I hope to get things going with the science portion. The Health class is my only real issue because I have no idea how to present that material in any interesting manner...My biology students have convinced me to do a dissection. We have decided to do a fish...aka salmon. They are running now and would be the easiest one to mutilate...I told them to bring in one that they don't mind not getting back, but it may not be in the best condition once we're done....

Today is a pretty on and off day in regards to the weather. When I woke, it was partially cloudy, then around noon it started to rain. Me, not wanting to walk in the rain, took a nap until about 4. When I got up it was nice an partially sunny out. But NOW it has started raining. By the time I head back, I am hoping that the rain stops. My Arctic Muck Boots arrived yesterday which is a very good thing because according to Brittany and Ty, it was snowing in Savoonga this past week. Granted they are out in the middle of the Bering Sea on St. Lawrence Island so I would expect as much. However, I can wait for the time being for snow...Once snow hits though....I can order my Snow-go...from what I have looked up, a Ski-doo will be my purchase...that has to wait until a few paydays, however....


1 comment:

  1. "For tomorrow kids, please go catch salmon and bring it to class. No, we will not be eating it."

    ReplyDelete