Saturday, August 20, 2011

The grind

Well, I have been back from Kotz for about two days now and the weather could not be anymore beautiful. On our last night in Kotz, the tech guy at the district put together a "get together" on the beach. A few drinks and a few laughs....It was a beautiful night and the sun set at 11:18 p.m. I got to see it set over the ocean and it was extremely quick. They had a fire going and music playing and it was a mental refresher after a week of being talked at. The good thing about the week was that I got 4 grad credits for only $130. WOOT! Getting back to Noorvik was great. It was like Christmas with 6 boxes waiting for me to unpack. I had a good time doing that. Being in my own bed was also a plus. Much better than the air mattress. I actually slept through the night (for the most part). I had a Great Grey Owl hooting near my window, and some sandhill cranes occasionally waking me up these past two night. I found out that there will be fish coming into the classroom, I just don't know when, and possibly a hamster. Though, the first thing I saw this morning in my kitchen/living room was a mouse, so I guess I could catch that and keep it in the class...My classroom is getting closer to being set up, but I doubt it will be finished...

2 comments:

  1. A class hamster. Love it. I can't wait to visit your classroom! GAH. Sounds like things are going quite well, Joe. I'm glad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could see it there with ya! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete