Saturday, August 13, 2011

In-service

Good Evening!


I got back to Noorvik today from Kotz. I had new teacher in-service, which I thought would be a drag. However, it turned out to be quite fun and informative. Getting back into the village today, I was greeted by all the teachers that will be living in the 6-plex (not counting their families) which were 6 teachers. That is not the total number of teachers, just the ones in the complex. Phyllis and her husband made dinner for all of us and it was nice to meet and greet everyone in a laid back atmosphere. They have an American Eskimo (which is a breed of dog) and that made me lean towards bringing Rummy up after christmas. As I flew into the village today, I saw a few villagers out gathering blueberries. I plan on going out there after I am done in my class here. Tomorrow, after I set my tables how I want them, I will probably go out and pick in a larger number to freeze and make fresh blueberry something or other when the times comes. Much to my dismay, nothing has arrived as of yet. This is getting annoying. I am glad that I leave Monday morning again for Kotz, so hopefully during that time stuff comes. I haven't put up pictures lately, I know...but tomorrow I will. I will take more of the village (per Maw's request) and put them up. I have noticed after my week or so in the village that the mornings are cloudy and dreary, but come the time for bed (10:00 p.m.), the sun comes out and it looks beautiful out...and it makes it even harder to sleep....oh well. This place is amazing and I'll take the good with the bad and enjoy the time out here. I talked with three ladies who work for the parks service, nfws, and something else, and found out that they will/do come into the villages and will teach lessons on a wide variety of topics, so I have to start planning things out for sure. I know I will be teaching Biology, Earth Science/Physical Science, Health, family something, and 2nd semester P.E. I believe I already posted this, but just in case ya'll forgot...anywho...time for berry tasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment