Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kotz

So I few into Kotz today for new teacher in-service. It was a beautiful flight as always. When I got here, I met some nice new teachers... but no one from my village yet. They fed us and everything. After that, they gave us our MacBooks SCORE! I am finally using a real computer! A few days ago, Bev, out secretary, shot a moose with a 60 inch spread. I am jealous! I have not seen it, but would love to. I am going to ask some people to take me with then hunting and fishing. A fellow teacher went fishing a day or so ago and came by and gave me two HUGE fillets that I plan on quartering once my stuff gets in. The mail has been slow because Kotzebue has its runway shut down half the time for repairs and Alaska Air isn't doing cargo anymore (or something like that) so I now have to wait. Nothing really new and exciting ...yet...I will have more pictures up of the village (per mom's request) and maybe some wildlife if I get lucky enough to see more than the ravens. Those birds, when they squawk, sound more like children yelling than anything else. Oh, I also forgot that a house burned yesterday/last night. This guys nephew got into his house and apparently him and his friends were playing with matches...they probably wet their beds...anywho...nuff said

No comments:

Post a Comment