Saturday, August 6, 2011

Downtown Anchorage...

Yesterday was basically a day to stroll around downtown. Ty, Brittany, and myself walked all around downtown. It was a beautiful day (like today). The sun was out and it was warm with a cool breeze. We went shopping at Trapper Jack's and then the Army-Navy Surplus. I was expecting used stuff form this store, but was pleasantly surprised. Before all of that we ate at the Snow Goose. It was delicious. I had smoked salmon with an apple glaze thingy over garlic mashed potatoes....I'm never going back to the canned stuff again! After downtown we went to see "Friend with Benefits" at the mall. Two thumbs up there. Today is going to be a low-key day of playing cards and hanging out (once the bus gets here). I have a love/hate relationship with the public transportation here. It's cheaper than a taxi...but not on my time schedule....The plus for last night/this morning is that I am finally acclimated to the time shift and was able to sleep most of the night through (snorers and such in hostel). I am going to try finding a good hiking trail somewhere near my hostel this evening and for a "night" hike...seeing as at 9:00 p.m. I looks like 2 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment